Mentor College – UGC PARMARSH Scheme
V.O.Chidambaram College, Thoothukudi has been selected as a Mentor institution under the UGC - Paramarsh Scheme (Sanction Letter dt. 10.09.2018). Paramarsh Scheme was launched by the MHRD on 11.07.2019. The main objective of the scheme is to enhance the overall quality of the mentee institutions and Mentoring the Non-Accredited Higher Education Institutions to enable them to get accredited by 2022.
The Scheme is operationalized through a “Hub & Spoke” (H&S Model) where in the Mentor Institution, called the “hub” is centralized and will have the responsibility of guiding the Mentee institution through the secondary branches, the “spoke” which are provided to the mentee for self improvement. This allows a centralized control over operational efficiency, resource utilization to attain overall development of the mentee institution. As part of this scheme, hundreds of top universities and colleges have been selected as mentors. Our institution is doubly honoured for having been selected by NAAC as one of the mentor institutions among 167 colleges in India for mentoring the following five non-accredited institutions viz.,
1) Don Bosco College of Arts and Science, Keela Eral, Thoothukudi(Dist). Tamilnadu.
2) Sri Sankara Bhagavathi Arts And Science College, Kommadikkottai, Tisaiyanvillai, Tamilnadu.
3) Bishop Caldwell College, Maravanmadam,Thoothukudi District. Tamilnadu.
4) J.P. College of Arts and Science, Tenkasi, Tirunelveli District Tamilnadu.
5) Geetha Jeevan College (Arts & Science), Kurukkusalai, Thoothukudi, Tamilnadu.
An FDP was organized on 13.02.2020, Thursday at Bishop Caldwell College, Thoothukudi. Dr. John Prince Soundranayagam, Co-ordinator IQAC - VOCC, and Dr. D. Radhika, Asst. Co-ordinator, IQAC – VOCC explained the insights of Criterion I and Criterion II of NAAC –RAF. It was followed by the interaction with IQAC members of Bishop Caldwell College in which problems faced by them were discussed.